In 2016 we started creating a live DevOps innovation platform internally in Sandhata. We have been working hard, with the goal of creating a platform which incorporates DevOps principles and practices across the whole delivery lifecycle. We want this platform to demonstrate various aspects of the delivery lifecycle, and expose the inner workings – so that the platform can be used to help others get a headstart on their continuous delivery journey and also plan their DevOps strategy based on our working example.
On this platform, we have built a fully-featured application called Sandhata Bank. This is an evolving implementation of our knowledge and interpretations of best practice. Some of the principles and technologies demonstrated are:
Smart infrastructure and environment using containers and cloud
- TIBCO BWCE (microservices)
Continuous business risk assessment using continuous testing
- CA Test Data Management
- CA Agile Requirements Designer
Controlled, secured and accelerated release automation
- XL Deploy and XL Release
- CA Release Automation
Continuous monitoring and optimisation using Sandhata’s outcome-driven KPI framework
- TIBCO Spotfire
Over the past few months we have started using this platform in our conversations with customers, and it has really enriched our discussions, enabling us to show customers our solutions rather than just telling them.
What’s on the roadmap?
We have big plans for our DevOps innovation platform, and we are excited about adding new technologies and new processes to it.
In the short term, our plans will focus on:
- Building a microservices application
- Introducing microflows and API management
- Enhancing the KPI framework based on our industry-leading expertise
- Implement continuous operations and continuous feedback loops
- Incorporating our Swift in a Box service – to show how service virtualization can speed up delivery
Is there anything specific that you would like to see in the innovation platform?
Contact us to let us know, and we will add it to our roadmap.
Want to know more?
Get more information about the DevOps innovation platform HERE.
Latest posts by Bronwyn Davies (see all)
- Sandhata donation for Manavata COVID-19 Emergency Appeal - 30th July 2020
- Do you want to achieve quick wins? (Hint: Focus on Minimum Viable Product) - 14th July 2020
- Is your Change Management Process holding you back? We can help - 11th June 2020